Sunday, February 13, 2011

First Grade Rocks!!

So I overheard a conversation between some of my students talking about black people and white people. (we have been studying black history month, so maybe that's how this came up)

Student 1 "There are no white people in this entire class. At least not all-white people"
student 2 "Well, there is Mrs. Green."
Student 1 "Nuttaah, Mrs. Green IS A MIX."

Hey I wasn't about to but in and tell them otherwise, maybe being a "mix" gives me street-cred. (For all you white people: Street-cred is a good thing!)

I just love the funny things they say. Another one, "Mrs. Green if there are white people and black people, then what are the Chinese people?"

Another one, "Mrs. Green is your hair real or is it a weave?" They still don't believe me that its real.

First Grade ROCKS!!
lov

5 comments:

Karon said...

I read these quotes to Brad and we were both laughing pretty hard! I think it's hilarious that first graders know what "a mix" is!

Kristy Anderson said...

that is hilarious! you must crack up every day with kids saying cute things like that! :)

Karie said...

What a hoot!

Cami Sullivan said...

Well we are part Cherokee indian, ya know...but I guess that makes us in between like the Chinese! LOL! How funny siter!

Kelly said...

It sounds like you have very smart bunch of kids this year. Very funny too.