Sunday, March 6, 2011

More from first grade

"Mrs. Green, if you ever break up with your husband I just want you to know love hurts, and you only get one chance at love."

This week I fell in vomit, it was all down the back of me. Luckily an understanding administrator send me home to clean up real quick. Good thing I live close.

We had a "lockdown" Friday. A bullet was found in the school, they searched all the lockers, bookbags, and 6th-12th grade students. It made me think just how scary working at a school like this can be. It also made me think of how I should be prepared with food in my room because it was lunch time and keeping 18 "starving" first graders quiet and happy is not easy.

Saturday I tutor at the schools for extra pay. Sometimes though the older kids I tutor are so rude and when I got home I just cried and vented. Matt is amazing though, he said the most perfect things and helped me rise up stronger from this. Along with the gospel, Matt is the greatest most perfect thing in my life. He's doing great at school. I love seeing him happy and telling me all sorts of things about technical electrical stuff that I have no clue what it is. But he's so happy. Its been a while since he's been this happy. He's loving his chosen field and will most likely begin the coop work this July! Ya, money!!!!
lov

5 comments:

Karon said...

How did you fall in vomit?!! That sounds extremely unpleasant. Also, I can't believe your school had a lockdown! Did they find anything? I'm so glad you're okay!

Kristy Anderson said...

You've sure had wild adventures at your school! Sorry kids were rude to you--that makes me mad. Nobody picks on my little sis! I'd beat 'em up :)

Karie said...

They are so lucky to have you at their school! Do they know that?

Cami Sullivan said...

Oh my goodness- you should get a gold medal for all you put up with, that is unbelievable! I think the food stash is a good idea...but i do think it was funny that rather than coming up with a way to defend yourself, you thought of food...soooooo the way I think! I can't believe those kids are mean to you- I am so sorry:( Love you like crazy, sis!!

Jennifer said...

HHHAAAAAAA! Yes, food was my first thought. I knew that nothing serious was happening. Otherwise I had a plan to drop the first graders out the window onto the ground below and run to the nearby business for help. They found a bullet at school, but after much searching, nothing else came up.