Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Flying Pig 10 K

So I can't believe its already May. Last Sunday our power went out so I couldn't update my blog and then the Sunday before that I was driving home from my parents house having spent the weekend there. But of course I can't seem to get my camera working again to show you all the pictures of the trip. Don't worry, Matt ordered me a new camera and I'll have pictures a plenty soon!

I traveled to my parents when I heard that Taylor and William were going to be flying in for the weekend. I couldn't miss the chance to see them and be there when they took the 4 generations picture with grandpa. It was so fun to see and interact with baby William. He is adorable and so happy. What a fun time it was to see him and Taylor. I really missed my Matt (since he had to stay behind for work) and Kara, Abby since they were at a family funeral.

Another great time of the trip was singing with my sisters again and having aunt Karie there to play for us. We practiced Saturday night and then sang Sunday. I cannot express how happy it makes me feel when I get these moments with my family. I guess its a small glimpse in to what Heaven will feel like, boy it will be worth it.

We ran the Flying Pig 10K!!!!! It was so much fun. Matt and I finished in 1 hour and 30 minutes. Matt is the best running companion in the world, he keeps me paced and encouraged the whole way. We had so much fun talking and laughing as we ran. It rained the whole time but it actually made for a nice cool run which was great. MomG, Gary, and Andy also ran, we were completely soaked to the bone but it was still so fun.

Family is the best, I am so glad its forever.
lov

1 comment:

Karie said...

I'm so impressed you can run a 10 K! If you can do that half as good as you sing, you're fantastic! Good to see you!!!!!