Sunday, April 11, 2010

More California Pictures






I just keep updating about our California trip because there was so much to see. We got to go to Beverly Hills and go shopping at all the rich people stores. It was really fun. Even the parking garage was super nice! We enjoyed seeing all the fancy stores and beautiful scenery. This part of town is so pretty, Rodeo Drive. We got there in the evening and many of the stores were starting to close so we went in a few as fast as we could to see some of the fancy stuff. It was surprising to see that some stores were priced just like they would be here in Ohio. I sort of expected this area to be much pricier. Don't get me wrong, Louis Vuitton was still so ridiculously priced that I don't ever want shop there but it was still really fun to see the stores.

Although I enjoy seeing the fashions, I am not a fashionista. I do enjoy watching a lot of the shows that happen to take place in California so it was fun to see so many of the sights that I see from tv in person. I was really hoping to get to eat at a vegetarian place since they have tons there, but we never got to that. We ate mostly at Whole Foods. We brought stuff to our rooms a lot to eat since eating out is expensive and difficult. Matt and I had a great trip with everything going smoothly but we were the only ones. MomG and Gary had hotel trouble, but it scored them a small deal. Andy and Naomi had flight trouble and had to stay the night in Minnesota when they were on their way home. I guess the only trouble we had was the tux rental. Matt had to rent a tux from Men's Warehouse, it was a disaster and very funny all at once. Matt's tux was about 5 sizes too big. The vest and coat tails went to his knees and the shirt was the largest about 10 sizes too big. The person who measured him obviously had no clue what she was doing. So in California our first day we had to drive around to 3 different stores while they tried to find pieces and sew up things to fit him last minute. They also messed up the groom's tux as well. So I do not recommend using this company, it was awful. At least matt went and got a partial refund because of it!!

lov

1 comment:

Kathryn S. said...

Oh my goodness. Who can be that off when recording someone's measurments?! Maybe they got them mixed up and some really big guy got Matt's small size lol! I love the pictures. It looks like such a glamorous place just like it looks on TV.