Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Flying Pig

So Matt and I are signed up to run the flying pig 10K on May 1st. Although I take classes at the gym 4 times a week, I haven't been doing any running. Matt hasn't been doing much at all either. So this run may be a big flop, haha. Saturday we took a quick run around the block and I was surprised to see that I was in better shape than I thought. Whenever I try to run at the gym I can only go 5 minutes tops on the treadmill, I really hate treadmills. So I didn't think I'd be able to run around the block. Luckily, it went great, both Matt and I made it just fine. We are going to try and run more frequently and expand our run to get ourselves in shape.

Speaking of the gym, I just love our gym. I go in the mornings Monday-Thursday and sometimes Saturdays. Each day there is a class at 9:15 that I take and they are all totally different, so it keeps me interested and gives me a great all over work out. I would say my whole body is in the best shape ever. Even though I'm not the long distance runner I once was, I am now in better overall shape. Mondays I take a class called Triple Fit. I hate this class, it is so hard that I have come close to throwing up, passing out, and falling over in each class I've attended. They do workouts that make the skinny-super in shape girls sweat and give up, so I don't feel too bad, haha. This class does something like 4 minutes of cardio, 3 min legs, 2 min. arms, with no breaks. It is very intense. Tuesday is the ZUMBA class, which I didn't like at first, but I'm really starting to enjoy dancing and sweating!! Then Wednesdays its Urban Iron, where we lift weights to music working out every muscle group. I have been adding weight as I've progressed and so it keeps me improving. Thursday is PIYO-which is Pilates, Yoga. This class is actually mostly Yoga she throws in a few very intense pilates moves though too. I have bended and twisted in ways I did not know I could, but its so fun. My gym also offers spinning but I haven't tried it out yet. Some of the people I'm starting to get to know at the gym say its really great, so eventually I'll get there.

So if any one wants a free place to stay and want to come do the 10K or hang out at the gym, let me know!!!

lov

No comments: