Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wedding Part 2





Matt's brother Alan got married in January to Karina! I didn't take a lot of pictures because my camera often acts up. So unfortunately I don't have any wedding pictures but here are some from the reception. I need to borrow some from others to get wedding pictures. But we flew into LA and stayed there all but the first night. We drove down to San Diego for the wedding the next morning. I was sad that there was no get togethers of any kid for the family and friends to meet before the wedding. Saturday morning we went to the San Diego temple for the sealing. IT was a beautiful and spiritual experience. Alan and Karina were amazing together. I kinda struggled knowing who was who since we didn't get to meet any of the family. Then we waited outside of the temple for an hour or so for the bride to come out, wow, that was a long wait, but man am I glad it was in the warm, sunny southern-california!!! I was only in a few pictures with the whole group, but Matt had to take much more because of being a groomsman. (Matt sure was thankful our wedding was so laid back and easy after being in a tux this whole day.)

I was so proud of my husband for refusing to cuddle with some other bridesmades, at the request of the photographer. I wasn't there, but if I had heard and seen that, the photographer would have an earful from me. We then made the long drive from san diego to LA to check into our hotel. Then drove from LA to Santa Barbara for the reception, YES WAy to much driving for us. We were soooooo tired. The reception was interesting. I enjoyed the decorations but did not understand why we drove so far for a small tiny room with no view. Oh well! I munched on a few veggies since there was not much to eat for vegetarians. But there was a huge candy table there so I did eat a lot of candy. Then a long drive back to LA to sleep. Wow, my heart went out to the other Greens who have two little girls who were tired out from the day too.

Matt and I loved that at attending this wedding we got to reminisce about our own wedding. We both could believe how nice it was that my Dad was good enough to move the events along so that we were not all standing and waiting for hours and hours sometimes. Matt even said, "Gosh we need your dad here to get things moving." IT was nice to have had so much family who was there to help and do work behind the scenes that we did and did not even see. THANK YOU my family!!! I love you all. Matt and I kept it simple and we are so grateful after this complicated event! Events like this are always busy and crazy so I'm not saying it wasn't great, it was wonderful, we just had a whirlwind of a trip.
lov

No comments: