Sunday, March 14, 2010

Venice Beach 1-1-10







So here is the first of our California pictures. On December 31, 2009 Matt and I went to bed early while most of the world was up celebrating new years eve. We then got up about 3 am and headed to the airport for California. Our flights were fine, we picked up our AWESOME (haha) blue convertible pt cruiser and headed to Men's Wearhouse. Matt tried on his tux for the wedding, everything except the shoes was about 6 sizes to big. Frantically drove from store to store until we got what we needed. We killed some time at Venice Beach until the Tailor was done with his tux. We LOVED the beach. It was so relaxing and calming. We found sand dollars and sea shells aplenty. It was such a nice break from the craziness of the whole day. We ate at whole foods. We were amazed at how many whole foods grocery stores there were. It was amazing and we ended up spending most of our food budget there instead of going out to eat.

A few days later we made it back to Venice Beach where we spent the day perusing the little shops and walking on the beach, it was magical. Mom G and Gary were there with us that day. We had our little whole foods picnic and the car and then spent tons of time just walking the beach and enjoying the beautiful weather. I've always loved the beach and nature in general. It is so calming and I always feel closer to God when I am enjoying the beautiful natural wonders of this world.

We fell in love with Venice Beach and kinda fell in love with each other all over again. Oh yeah, and of course Matt got an Arnold Schwarzenegger t-shirt, he just loves that guy !!!

I loved California, and don't worry, there are more posts and pics of it to come!
lov

2 comments:

Karie said...

You went to California? What part? Who's Wedding! More, more, more... Love ya!
PS - sometimes when I was in high school and was old enough to drive, I would leave school and go straight to the beach (about an hour). Isn't nature awesome!

Kathryn S. said...

I love pictures and can't wait for more! I miss the beach too. You know? We should plan a little family vacation to the beach, Cami, us, and you guys! We'd have way too much fun!