Sunday Dinner:
Matt and I love food, so usually during church we discuss what we will make and eat when we get home. We wanted to make nachos, but thought we didn't have enough chips. So we "settled" for the idea of making quesadillas (sp?). Then we get home, headed to the kitchen, to our surprise we find more than enough chips to make nachos. We were so excited we hugged each other and jumped up and down while shouting. We then laughed at ourselves and commented on our strange behavior, yet perfectness for one another. We made the best nachos, and a lot of them as you can see. On top of our low fat blue corn tortilla chips we added cheese, onions, black beans, hot sauce, tons of cilantro, and cucumbers. We then broiled them and ate.
Hobbits
We later put in the movie Lord of the Rings, the Fellowship. In the beginning they describe the life of a hobbit. The describe how hobbits love the simple life of family, farming, and fun but their greatest love is that of food( while they showed a hobbit couple about to kiss until the man hobbit sees large chocolate pastries go buy and grabs a bite instead-somehow i think matt would do the same thing). Matt and I immediately said, "Hey, we're hobbits!" We laughed at the fact that since we had rejoiced so exuberantly over the fact of having chips for our dream nachos we were definately hobbits. We then decided that we would both love to be hobbits as they have such a simple but satisfying life. Hey, matt has very curly hair like hobbits, and his feet are hobbit looking. My hair is kinda curly too, so maybe I'm half hobbit.
I sure love my husband. It is so fun to find someone who has so many common interests as I. And DON'T WORRY we do have a gym membership do work off those extra calories. Life is so fun. I am so blessed to have my best friend to laugh with as I journey through mortality. Enjoy the journey. Find simple pleasures and reasons to rejoice. Nachos, this simple fact made my day. Sometimes I feel like these simple pleasures are the best part of life, I need them to keep what sanity I have left.
Oh, i sang in church today. It went really well thanks to the spirit guiding me. I find that is the only way i sing to my satisfaction.
5 comments:
I wish I could hear you sing! I'm glad you two are soooooooo happy!
I'm a Hobbit too because I love to eat second breakfast!
you are quite strange, i'm not gonna lie...but I'll make sure you get all the love and care you need:o>
lol aka rulds2? bff 2cute2b4gotten gr8 wtfudge okcafe supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
I love the bit about jumping for nachos. Definitely worth celebrating!
Post a Comment