Saturday, September 26, 2009

New Hair Cut

My new hair cut.

I has been so humid and rainy all week that I haven't been able to style my new hair cut for a picture to display. So here's the best I could do. I have bangs that swoop to one side. The rest of the hair is very layered and textured and has given me volume like I've never known. It really helps my hair look good curly when I air dry it. But I'm still trying to get it to look good straight. Unfortunately it has exposed my gray hairs more than ever. So now my hair has a lot more silver shining through than ever. My hope is that the grays will look more like silver highlights!! haha

Matt and I both love the new look, it is so fun to try new things!!!

Friday morning a new store opened, it just happened to be at the mall a few minutes for our place: Nordstroms! I went to the opening and enjoyed viewing all the high fashion with the throngs of people everywhere. Despite the huge crowds and news crews, there was amazing service and beautiful clothes and shoes. (As if I needed any more temptations in my life.) There was one section, I guess like a juniors department, that had resonable prices. I bought a necklace for ten dollars, not bad I thought.

Wednesday, Matt started back to school. It is hard for him since he wakes at 4 am and does get home from school until 8 or 9. Luckily he can come home and nap in between work and school.

A few weeks ago we went to the Renaisance Festival. It is so much fun. They hold it every weekend for about 2 months. It is pricey but we got in on a half off deal! We saw actual jousting, all kinds of shops: candle making, woodworking, metal crafting, broom making, jewelry, weaponry, costumes, stables, shows and fun tasty treats. It was a blast and we loved feeling like we had stepped back in time. The event is quiet amazing as all employees call you mi' Lord and mi' Lady and curtsy as you walk by. There is a queen who walks around with her courteires and Shakespeare walks around making sonnets and playing funny games with people. There are all kinds of shows and events. Many spectators like us, dress up and walk around in costume all day. We saw people dressed up like pirates, one specifically seemed to think he was jack sparrow. There were people dressed up in all different types of costumes from the period, royalty, knights, gypsies, servants, monks, its fun!!!

2 comments:

Karie said...

I love your new hairstyle Jenni!!!!!!!!!! So cute on you!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathryn S. said...

Cute hair, and dressing up and feeling like you're going back in time for a party must have been SO fun! I want to go to one of those things!