Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sad news and Snow!!

Matt and Mikayla (our niece) at Katie's wedding
Me and Mikayla in the car to Katie's wedding.
Matt and I last fall

Matt's uncle (his dad's younger brother) passed away this week. He was suffering from the same cancer as Matt's dad. We are glad he is at peace now. His wife and three high school and college aged kids remain. There is something in the Green gene. When people question my dietary choices, I just want to go off on a tyraid about health and how important it is to watch what we put in our bodies. I don't want to loose anyone else at a such a young age. Especially my husband or myself. Life is too precious. Why not stay behind and enjoy this mortal experience.

On a lighter note, we have had amazing winter weather this week. Six inches of snow Tuesday. Freezing rain and ice that night. Then six more inches of snow Wednesday. I'm sore from two days of shoveling our massive driveway and parking area, thank goodness for my strong husband and neighbor who all helped in the fun. It was actually a lot of fun shoveling, Matt and I had a blast and then rolled down our small backyard hill in the snow. IT was great. Sometimes you need to act like a kid and enjoy nature!! I haven't worked or had class all week!!! Its been a mini vacation!!

5 comments:

Buttle Family said...

I am sorry to hear about Matt's uncle. I am glad he is at peace. Lots of snow. Sounds like fun. I agree that we need to act like kids.

Cami Sullivan said...

Yay you put up pictures of my sweet little girl! I'm SO sorry to hear about Matt's uncle- what a horrible year for your family! I sure love you, sister.

Karie said...

Wow, Jenni - I will never question your dietary habits! Keep it healthy!

Karon said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Matt's uncle. I'm glad that you are taking such good care of your health and that Matt is too. Also, yay for mini vacations - way to have a positive attitude about the snow!

The Funky Bunch said...

Sounds like you guys are great. You're so cute too!! Sorry about Matt's uncle...that's always hard! Love ya!