Yes there has been a Christmas Miracle in the Green home, and no its not that I'm finally writing on my blog. I was asked to sing Silent Night by myself for our ward Christmas program. I'm not exactly comfortable in my singing skills let alone singing a solo. But I have had this big desire to do some singing lately and figured this was my chance. So I accepted the invitation with trepidation. Of course that week I came down with a horrible sore throat. I get these often even though my tonsils are supposed to be gone and have solved this problem. However I knew I would be ok. There's this episode of Brady Bunch where the mom Carol loses her voice and then suddenly gets it back just in time for her Christmas church solo. I knew that if the Lord can do it for Carol Brady, he can do it for me. So Matt and i prayed that I would be ok. Sure enough I was fine. I was so worried about sounding good and prayed all week that I would be ok. From what I was told and from how I felt, it was a hit. I was able to sing with more power and volume than ever before. I was truly blessed to sing my praise of Jesus Christ to all in attendance, and in a way share my testimony of His wonderful birth through my song. THe Lord truly blessed me. The pianist even said, "There is no way you've been sick all week." Matt told me it was the best most professional sound ever!!!
It may not seem like much to anyone else. But I know that this miracle occured in my life and i am so excited for it.
This time of year has been wonderful. I have really enjoyed the Christmas cards of friends and family all over the country. Honestly, that is on of my most favorite parts of this time of year, is getting to see how all of you are doing. I especially love the photos and fun stories from the year!! THank you for keeping us on your list!
Merry Christmas!

9 comments:
Thanks for sharing this with us. It sure reminds us of the power of prayer. I wish I could have heard you sing.
YOU UPDATED YOUR BLOG... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I'm so glad it all went well with your solo. I wish I could have been there to give you roses (the next day of course, since the day you performed was Sunday). Or maybe I'd give you a bouquet of cockle shells lol! Remember what that's from?!
P.S. That last comment was given by Katie, not John, I'm just logged in as him.
Yay you updated! It's been forever! That means you must have found your cable to hook up your camera to your computer! Sweet! I'm so glad you got your voice back and I wish I could have been there!
P.S. You are my favorite sister, you don't have to buy me 10 pizza's to prove it (although it wouldn't hurt:)) (Lets see if Katie comes back and reads this- I'm sure we'll both here it if she does!) HAHAHAHA I'm so funny:)`
Of course I read it! "How RUDE!" is what I have to say about it. What do you mean, "I'm sure we'll both hear if she does" ? What is THAT supposed to mean. You guys are very funny, but let's not forget that just yesterday I called Cami and left a message saying to call her favorite sister back and I did not tell her who it was, just to see if she knew. Sure enough she did and called me first. (Hahaha, I'm so funny too).
Oh yahoo!! I'm so excited to see you back in the blogging world...at least for now! You still are as gorgeous as when we were up at Rick's! The pic of you and your hubby are so cute! I love it! Glad you're doing well and still singing your heart out! Love you and have a merry Christmas!
No shortage of miracles for Jenni. We love you!
Have I ever told you how much I absolutely love your voice?
Yeah Jenni! I wish I could have heard you sing! What a neat miracle! You have a gorgeous voice! I'm very happy you updated your blog! Thank you!!
Post a Comment