Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Haircut, Grad School, Matt's Dad



Ok, I finally got my pictures up of my new hair cut. I'm loving the new look but the hair cut is not the greatest quality. He seems to have cut it uneven, even after I went in to get it fixed once. One side seems to curl more making it look even shorter. Oh well. I got to donate 10 inches to locks of love so I'm happy about that!! Matt loves it too. He likes my new look especially the swoopy bangs.

Grad school is going great. I just love learning and taking my experience to a whole new level. I have class 6 hours a day 5 days a week. So its intense, but its great. I can get done with my masters by June of next year if I continue with 15 credit hours each quarter. But that's a big decision I have yet to make. Matt is taking quarter off but hopes to cut back on working and focus on school in the fall.

Matt's dad is back in hospice after a brief spell in the hospital. It seems that he will probably die soon. Today our whole family was togehter for the first time ever. Matt/me, Andy/Naomi/Juliana, Rand, Alan, Mom, Dad. This was really cool since we've never all been in the same room before as a family, and we are all sealed together. But dad was really tired, week, and struggling. It was the worst I've seen him ever. I feel like the time we have left with him is drawing to a close. Its so sad, but we are working with the grief.

Mine and matt's computer seem to be failing so I don't blog or email quite as much as I used too, its is very frustrating. We are trying to figure out if we should get a new computer to replace both of ours or each get our own again. But I want a lap top that I can bring to school and stuff. So we'll figure something out. Let me know if you know of any CHEAP but good computers for sail. I DO NOT want a compaq again. Thanks!

8 comments:

Buttle Family said...

I love the hair cut. It is so cute and cool for summer. You sound busy, good luck with all you are doing. Your father-in-law will be in my prayers.

Love,
Aunt Jen

Autumn said...

Wow-your haircut looks terrific. That is so flattering!! Glad school is enjoyable. Sorry to hear about Matt's dad.

The Funky Bunch said...

You look like a hottie with that haircut! Love it! Sounds like your life is very busy and full of lots of new things and learning experiences. Good thing you're such a strong person! Love ya!

Cami Sullivan said...

Hey Sis,
Your haircut is adorable!! It is kinda strange to see you with short hair though! I'm so glad that you are enjoying grad school so much!!! I'm so sorry about your father-in-law. I know this experience is not pleasant, but it will make you all stronger. Love you!!

Karie said...

Cute hair cut Jenni! Thanks for the update. We wish you the best!

Katie said...

Jenni,
You sparkle and you're gorgeous! Love you tonzies!

Kelly said...

Your haircute is adorable. My hair curls more on one side too. I just have to deal with it. Sorry to hear about your father in law. I know how hard it is to loose a parent, I lost my dad last year.

wildingtex said...

Jenni,

Heard about your father-in-law - we're praying for you...

Love the haircut!

Uncle Joe can get used IBM computers and laptops for friends and family for good prices. That's the way we get them for us and our kids (and some friends). No one has had a problem. E-mail me if you want more info... (wilding@austin.rr.com)