Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Busy as a Bee

Matt's Dad passed away July 4th. Our family suffered a great loss at his parting. We are still going through much pain, depression, denial, and grief at this time. Thank the Lord Jim left his wife some money, otherwise she would be left destitute and financially ruined. I sure have gained an understanding of the need to get your affairs in order long long long long long before you think you may go. It was hard to see these two twenty-something brothers plan the funeral and all its arrangements, put order in the chaos of the family finances, and try to grieve for their father all at the same time. We have all learned lessons I think, but I sure understand death much better now. I am grateful to have come out of this being able to say that I know my father in law is in a better place and I have total faith that I will see him again. When you go through something like this, it really makes you question yourself and say, do I really believe that? But yes, I do. We felt such a sweet calming spirit at the cemetary as we said our last goodbyes to the frail mortal body of Jim. We somehow just knew that he was somewhere sweeter.

I need to talk of something happier now. These days grad school is taking aaaaalllllllllllllll of my time. The first two weeks were a breeze, and now they are laying it one thick. I am currently writing a short research paper on effective educational leadership. It sure is fun to learn and be so interested in what I'm learning. Homework is a bother for the sheer consumption of my life but it is gratifying to learn and grow. The more I learn- the less I want to be an administrator. Well, at least for now. Please, GO Thank a principal that you know. I never understood the weight that sits on their shoulders. WHew!

Matt is still working and heavily involved in keep the swimming pool running. It has been quite a burden on him as it never seems to be quite right. He's tried many things even changing all the sand in the filter, but nothing has worked. Today it looks like it may have died, at least the pump. We're calling in back up for this one, much to matt's relief. Hopefully it can get fixed and not cause further damage in time, money, and resources.

Matt and I sure appreciate all the prayers and thoughts of support we have received over the past few months. Thanks for strengthening us. I know that your prayers made a marked difference in the events in our lives. We all felt an unusual power of strength carrying us through this time. I love you, I thank you, I pray you will be blessed for your service to us. Please let us know how and when we can return the favor.
Much love,
jenni

7 comments:

Cami Sullivan said...

Oh Jenni, I wish I could be there to give you a gigantic hug. You are such a wonderful pilar of strength, and you are such and example to me. You all will continue to be in my prayers

The Funky Bunch said...

Jenni, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's SUCH a hard thing to go through. And it truly tests your faith and what you believe in. When Mike's brother passed away 2 years ago it was the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. It's so hard to sit back and watch his family go through that a second time. I felt so helpless. But luckily we have our church and we know that we can be together again. And now Mike's older brother has a friend with him in heaven with his younger brother! I love you and know you're such a strong person!

Karon said...

We're so sorry for your loss. You, Matt, and Matt's family are in our prayers.

Karie said...

Jenni, my dear ... the pains and struggles of life give us such character. On you I think it looks rather good. You are an example of strength to me and I love you!

The Jensen Fam said...

Jenni, I am so sorry for the loss of Matt's Dad. How blessed we are to have the gospel in our lives and the knowledge and strength that we can gain from it in hard times. Families are forever!! Love ya girly.

Jennifer said...

Thank you for your words of comfort. I really appreciate them and will pass them along to matt!!!! I am so blessed to have wonderful people in my life like all of you. i love you all

jenni

Kristy Anderson said...

Jenni and Matthew,
We can't even imagine what you have been through. Brother Green was such a wonderful, kind man. We really liked him. I'm sure he will be watching you from the other side and cheer you on as you continue to press onward in your goals, trials, and experiences in this life. May the Lord continue to grant you peace and comfort.