Monday, August 11, 2008

The calm before the storm

Wednesday schools starts- the students arrive, I am teaching 5th grade again. I am very excited. It'll be nice to be in a classroom again and not cry when I see a school bus go by like last year! haha! Matt and I are enjoying the calm of right now while we are working, but not in classes.

Good news! We found a new 2 bedroom apartment that we will be moving to in a few weeks. It is truly a huge blessing since its in a great location and a great price. The kitchen is tiny, in desperate need of paint, and has no counter space. We are going to be changing that by painting, and getting an island and/or breakfast bar for some counter space. But we have a huge living room, nice dining room, and two nice bedrooms, a storage closet, garage, space in the basement for washer/dryer, extra parking in the driveway, extra storage in the attic if needed, great neighborhood, easy access for my work (south 30 min), and matt's work (north 15min.) We haven't completely figured out what ward we are in but we have some idea. We are 2 minutes south of a major mall, restaurants, and shopping galore! We love it, can you tell! We really feel like this is a gift from God, His was of saying, thanks for all you've gone through, now enjoy. Men are that they might have joy. We are hoping not to move for a long time so we wanted space to grow for when we are blessed with babies!! Hopefully we will be set for a while!!!! Isn't that great ? I'll send pictures soon.

The Lord has showered us even more lately with me getting my old job back and this great apartment, but little blessings every day keep coming in. Miracles are all around. Anyone who doesn't believe that is truly missing out and not looking hard enough. Today in a doctor's office I read this article in some magazine about being happy. It talked about how people's brains tend to be hardwired for negative thoughts, which stir up the juices that feed depression and anxiety. But by practicing happy thoughts, making an actual effort to change, those thoughts can literally change the pathways and functions of our brain to be more naturally happy. How neat, because I struggle with negative thoughts a lot and have really worked to change that. I didn't realize that this was so common and that I have the capacity to change my brain. The Lord has really given us wonderful bodies and minds that have tremendous capacity for good.

I love you all and appreciate the thoughts and prayers, support and letters from you all during our hard times. We have surely been blessed through our hard times and look forward to a brighter future. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

7 comments:

Cami Sullivan said...

Yay I'm so glad some happy things are happening in your life. I am SO happy that you are going to teach school again and that you got that awesome apartment. You have been through a ton lately and you deserve the wonderful blessings you are receiving. I love you so much!!!!!

Karie said...

Beautiful words from a beautiful girl! Love you Jenni

The Funky Bunch said...

Sounds like your new place is going to be great for you guys. Can't wait to see pics. And there really are so many blessings around us. We truly do need to look at the bright side all the time. Otherwise we'd be so unhappy!

Buttle Family said...

WOW! Lots of change for you. I am happy for you. The kids are lucky to have you as a teacher again. I can't wait to see pictures of the new place.

Aunt Jen

Kristy Anderson said...

Hooray for teaching school! What a blessing that you'll be able to teach this year. Your new place sounds perfect. Wish we were there to help you with the move. We are glad things are going well for you and Matthew and really miss you lots. Good luck with the beginning of this school year!!! love ya!

The Jensen Fam said...

I am so glad that everything is working out so great for you guys. You deserve it. Your 5th graders are lucky kids to have you as their teacher. Good luck with your move. I can't wait to see your pics!

Karie said...

Matt and Jenni: are you guys coming down this weekend? Lorie was asking and it would be so fun to see you two! Love you!