Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Grad School and the move

Hello everyone! The 10k went great, the move is pretty much over, and I got into grad school. So the 3 things I had going on are progressing. The move was Saturday, our friend Matt came over and helped Matt move the heavy stuff but everything else we packed into our huge moving truck. I got to drive the truck, which was really cool since it was like 15-16 feet. I think I would make a great truck driver!!!

I packed and moved from 7 am to late in the night and matt worked at 4am and then moved till late into the night.(Isn't my matt amazing?!) We were so tired that we slept so good that night. Sunday we were both so sore all over that it was pretty funny. We had a great mother's day spending it with the green's. It is really fun that we have 3 families living in this house now!!!

As far as Grad School goes, I am in a 6 week academy where I get 15 credits towards my master's. This is likely to be intense, but I'm very excited. My degree is Educational Leadership. I hope to work towards being able to be an administrator/principal but not any time soon. Thank you to my family for your prayers. I was so worried about not getting in, but I did, thanks. Its interesting to see how different my life is now from what I ever thought it would be. I turn 28 next month, have no kids, just married, and going to grad school. Each one of these is the furthest thing from where I thought I'd be at age 28. The Lord has such a different plan for me that I had for myself. This lesson I hope to teach my children. It is so important to prepare a girl like me for motherhood, but I was never considering working, living alone after college for 5 years, going to grad school, etc. Its important to teach motherhood but also remember that some of us must be mothers in other ways. We need to teach business, self reliance, and independence type things as well. Mother's Day is bittersweet for me- the world doesn't recognize me as a mother but I do!!! For whatever reason the Lord is having me nurture and care for other's kids now. That's where my mothering talents are needed and I'm ok with that.

8 comments:

Karon said...

Congratulations on getting accepted into graduate school! I'm glad your move is all over too. After moving into this house (with hardly anything), I decided that I don't want to move again any time soon! Good luck with class.

Buttle Family said...

WOW! Big changes in your life. You are awesome. Good luck with school, I know you will do great.

The Funky Bunch said...

That's awesome that you have such a great attitude towards life. My sister is 29 and single and no kids. But she teaches special needs at an elementary school and truly feels like that is where she should be in life. You never know what life will bring you!

Karie said...

Fantastic attitude Jenni and good luck in grad school! So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I just want to say Jennie - I think you are a remarkable woman!!!

Love you,

Aunt Shaleen

Cami Sullivan said...

I'm SO happy for you, sista. I think grad school is such an awesome idea. you are going to be smarter than like 5 or 9 million people

Autumn said...

WAHOO on your grad school-very exciting!!! Lots of fun stuff going on. Are you still in the same city?

K. West said...

Jennifer you are so strong, buff, gorgeous, and totally awesome. I wish Abby lived closer to her cool Aunt Jenni. You are so right about teaching independence.