Saturday, May 3, 2008

The 10K!!!!!!!!!!!



So I just finished my first 10K. It was a blast. I really thought that it would be difficult and that I would be hurting really bad. Honestly it is so much easier than you think, especially since the Lord blessed us with the perfect cool-overcast/rainy day. Running in a new environment with all the other people around cheering you on giving modivation, it was great. I got to run with Mom Green and Andy, my brother in law. We ran together and it was fun to chat and laugh along the way. Thanks you guys for modivating me. Unfortunately we did not take a picture of us after the race, but I took some once I got home.
I'm sure for some of you a 10k is nothing, but its a big deal to me and it was so fun to have that accomplishment. I would like to do this every year. It really modivated me to get into shape. I trained myself by running for 30 minutes 4 times one week, 45 minutes 4 times the next week, 1 hour for the weeks after that. The practice is the hard part, the race was great. I dedicated my run to the Lord since I had to call on Him to help me through the rigorous training, what a difference it makes to run with a purpose!
So I really recommend to any one to try this out. Come visit me next year and we can run it together. I really want to improve my time and speed for the upcoming races. I am also going to try to keep running races all year so that I don't get too lazy.

8 comments:

Becky said...

Good for you! That is truly an accomplishment to be proud of. And doing one each year is a great idea. I do recommend some cross-training, though. If I had done tennis or weight-lifting or something on off days, I think that my feet and knees would be in better shape today.

Katie said...

Jed-a-bee! You inspire me! I can't wait to run a 10K as well. I'm so glad that there are pictures too! I love pictures...AND you look SO good in pink! I love you sister!

The Funky Bunch said...

You look HOT girl!! Love the pink! Congrats on such a great thing. You are totally awesome. I hate running so I'm glad you can do some for me! Good job!

Buttle Family said...

That is so awesome. I am glad you enjoyed it. I really admire someone who sets a goal and completes it. Way to go!
Aunt Jen

Kristy Anderson said...

You go girl!!! I need to follow your example! My boys and Jon are doing a triathlon this summer! Maybe sometime I'll do a race too! love you!

Karon said...

So, who are these people that thing a 10K is no big deal? What! I think it is awesome that you finished one! Way to go!

Cami said...

Congrats, sister! you are AWESOME and such an inspiration:)

The Jensen Fam said...

Yahoo for doing a 10K. Good job, you're awesome! And you look so cute too.