
I hope you all enjoyed the training broadcast. I know I sure did. I was so enlightened and filled with the spirit that was there, I truly learned a lot. But you know what I found to be funny? The broadcast was mostly about families. I learned more about myself and how to be a better wife/mother than about how to be a better leader. I guess that I thought it was interesting to see that what takes place in our homes is paramount and spills over into our leadership roles. I guess if we start in the home it will help our callings as well.
Jeffrey R Holland talked about the pattern of families. In today’s world there are many definitions of what a family is, even in the church. However he said we are to continue teaching what a family is supposed to be because the Lord gives us patterns so that we might not be deceived. We should be mindful and sensitive to those who do not have that family pattern. Boyd K Packer talked more about these patterns in the church organization. He emphasized the importance of the family as it is central to the plan of eternity. He noted that one of Satan’s first acts on this earth was to destroy the family of Adam and Eve.
Then President Packer read the family proclamation word for word, stopping along the way to discuss and point things out. I thought that was neat because you don’t usually seem them read a huge passage like that. Its usually just a section they refer to.
President Holland and Oaks then lead a discussion with the General primary, Relief Society, and Young Women’s presidency. Some themes I saw were the importance of family love and togetherness. Sacrificing and showing charity to bring our marriages together in the Lord. They discussed creating a family “culture” with activities, meals, FHE, prayers, and scriptures study. Other things include: Strengthening our extended family, enjoying/reclaiming the Sabbath day, bringing children into this world with faith and courage allowing the Lord to take care of us, not judging just loving.
President Thomas S. Monson gave his first address as the prophet that I’ve seen. His words were how the home is the basis for a righteous life. A house of order not confusion. Insure our homes are a haven by:
Pattern of prayer-provides protection from the world 3 Nephi 18:21
Library of Learning- read from good books “a nation becomes what we read in our youth” James A. Mishner
Legacy of Love- Jacob 2:35 Children absorb their parent’s example
1 comment:
i love the picture of you and my sweet girl!!!
Post a Comment