We had a nice change of pace this weekend. My parents came for a visit! Dad and matt had fun saturday doing some MAN things like going to the shooting range and visiting bass pro shop. They also got to go to jungle jim's, the amazing grocery store extravaganza. Mom sacraficed the fun times to teach me how to quilt. I have wanted to try for a year and have had the fabric for 2 baby quilts but have not had the confidence to do this on my own. My mom taught me every step of the way and I finished the first quilt completely. Despite the rookie mistakes and the machine's errors, it turned out great. My mom is also a magician I noticed. Whenever I was working she would stay busy and the dishes got done, the supplies we were no longer using all got put away, trash was cleaned up, wow, I didn't even notice while i was working that all this was going on. She really is magic. So thank you mom for sacrificing a fun day, to help me and clean up!!!
Mom and I did get to run to the fabric store to pick up supplies, but we made another little stop. We went to Esther Price Chocolates store 2 blocks from our place. It's nothing special but matt and I love it and we bought a bunch of stuff to share with dad and matt when they got home.
Oh, and of course we had graters, the greatest ice cream ever. Matt and dad ran out to get it friday night! We had never tried the butter pecan before, quite good!!
Matt finished his first quarter. His classes were mostly general ed, but this coming term that starts next week he will have some classes for his major. So we are excited and anticipate great things!!!
lov
2 comments:
I love your mom! YOU TOO!
So fun to see the pictures and read more about your fun weekend! Mom really is amazing at being able to do so many things! She is so very helpful and a hard worker! Love the quilt and love your bangs!
Post a Comment