Sunday, September 12, 2010

More fun from first grade.

"Mrs. Green your hair glows." I can't help but think that maybe I'm grayer that I realize.

"I gotta use it"...."use what?" i say...."i gotta USE it"..."i don't understand"..."the gotta USE IT"... Apparently this means "May I go to the bathroom please". Now they say it my way. haha. I'm not a dictator but these kids have to learn societal norms and correct speech.

"Mrs. Greents... Mrs. Greents.." .... "That's not my name"... "oh, I mean Mrs. GrEEN" For some reason some of these kids often add a "ts" sound to the end of names. I do it back to them sometimes so they realize what they are doing in a playful way.

These kids are so cute, I can't wait to show you some pictures! Is that legal? I'd better check.

3 comments:

Kathryn S. said...

Jennits aka Jenni,

I'm glad that you're enjoying teaching even though it really must be super tough with this group. I still haven't heard from that teacher about her discipline system, but Janalee will be on top of that.

Katiets

Kristy Anderson said...

So fun to hear about your class. I wish I could be a fly on the wall and watch how you manage it all! I know you are an excellent teacher and are blessing the lives of each student in your class. They are blessed to have you! Keep up the good work. I can't wait to hear more! love you!

Cami Sullivan said...

HAHAHA! Mrs. Greents...I gotta use it!" Lol, that is soooo funny. You are going to be the saving grace for these children!