Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day, A new Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





I love father's day because it helps me reflect on all the wonderful fathers out there. Although I only got to talk on the phone with my dad, it was still great to chat. I know that although Matt is not technically a father yet, he will be an outstanding one. After church Matt made a batch of his amazing vegetarian baked beans and we headed over to his mom's. For dinner with the family. Luckily enough, even Grandpa White and Ginny ( long time his fiance) were there too! It was a larger group than usual and it added a lot of fun.

My NEW JOB!
Yes, I was offered a position as a 1st grade teacher at a charter school, and OF Course I accepted! I am so excited to get to teach 1st grade and to try something new. I get to have a new challenge and add to my skills as a teacher. This school is very urban, so it will be very demanding and difficult in ways I can't even imagine. I couldn't be happier about it and I will enjoy a new challenge!

So I'm not good at keeping in contact with friends. I'm sort of an introverted home-body who would rather hang out with my husband. But I want to be better at keeping in touch with people in my life so I'm trying to reach out better. Matt and I had lunch with the Pangallo's a friend of mine that I taught with at my last job. It was fun to see their new baby and to catch up. Hearing all the stories of my old school and job, reinforce to me that although it was hard, it was also a huge blessing getting away from many of the poisonous people and situations at that job. It has become a high-school like environment with petty teachers, rumor mills, and gossip. I am so glad to be away from that.

Today I went to the thrift store and bought about 50 children's books for about 7 cents each. I need more 1st grade level books and thought this was a great way to stock up! I plan to go often and try to find good deals so that I have tons of books to enrich the students lives with.

The garden
Yes, its my baby, so I take lots of pictures of it. This green pepper was the first thing we picked. We also ate a delicious cucumber yesterday!!! We expanded our little fenced in area to twice the size since many of our plants are spreading out of control, its much easier to walk around and water things now. It also gives these plants more room!!! We have a watermellon the size of a ping pong ball!! I know I'm pathetic, but if I'm this excited about my garden, can you imagine how great of a mom I'll be!!!!!!!

lov

4 comments:

Kathryn S. said...

I am so happy for you! I am so very, VERY happy for you!!! Take pictures of the school and post them when you can! You'll be grrreat :)

Karon said...

Congratulations on your new job!!!

John said...

I understand the garden joy... even though we only planted our garden ten days ago, I get so excited every morning checking how much our plants have grown--and they haven't even begun to bear fruit yet!

Desiree' said...

It sounds like you guys had a fabulous fathers day! And CONGRATULATIONS on the new job. I'm SO excited for you!