Matt and I had a great Valentines Day. We went out yesterday for pizza as our date for this occasion. Then we had ice cream and chocolates. Wow, we over did it. We ate way too much and felt disgusting. Today we had a wonderful sacrament meeting with all the talks centered very tastefully around love for valentines day. We seem to have very great sacrament meetings. Then I spent my time in the primary filling in for the music chorister. However, I will soon be spending all my time in primary as I will be receiving and additional calling. Our ward is so small that there are just not enough active, reliable people to fill in the callings. So besides doing the activity days for my ward I will also be the primary president. Since they have no active nursery leader, no 5 year old teacher, and no primary secretary- the primary president and councilors rotate through the jobs with one doing nursery for a month, one doing the 5year olds and conducting the primary, the other doing sharing time and helping out whereever. So now I will be a part of this rotation basically doing these callings in addition to the others I have. Yikes!
Matt and I had a meeting down at the stake center for our other new "assignment" as the young single adult support couple. When now take names off the list of the young single adults in our ward and visit 3-5 of them a month. We try to make contact with everyone and invite them to return and support them in any way we can.
I appreciate the fact that I have a lot of time on my hands, but right now I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all of the new jobs I now perform at church!!
Another family in my stake just down the street, need some help getting their kids off to school on occasion and are considering hiring me to help them a few hours each week, when they need it. This would be another great source of a little cash flow to help out our budget, so I'm hoping for it!
Matt is so wonderful, his store sponsored a free dentistry event this weekend in Cincinnati. Since we don't have insurance, Matt learned all the details of the event so that I could attend (since I've had issues with some molars). So yesterday Matt called me at 7 am saying, the dentist thing is today, you should go. What a blessing it was to have my teeth professionally cleaned after years of neglect. The whole process took 4 hours, but what a blessing. I felt very humbled by being there. It was not fun to feel like such a charity case. Although I appreciated it, I must say, I"ve never had such a rough hygienist in my life. I was being yanked and poked like never before. But I understand that they were trying to hurry so they could service a lot of people, kinda funny though. I am so thankful for those who have so much, providing a free service to those of us who really needed it.
We had snow this week so I didn't babysit Jamie for two days. Luckily because they didn't have school Friday I still got in some extra hours. Tomorrow they are off too, so more hours!
lov
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, sounds like the blessings will be pouring in as you serve and serve and serve! Glad you got to the dentist! Happy Valentine's Day!
I love how my teeth feel after a visit to the dentist. And Jenni--I love you!
You have so many church responsibilities. I know what you mean by even though you have a lot of time, you still feel busy. That's like me, but I'm still not as busy as you are.
Hope you get that additional job!
Post a Comment