Sunday, February 7, 2010

Singing Sisters




I made a "quick" trip to Atlanta last weekend to sing with my sisters. First I took 9 hours through rain, sleet, and snow to make the 7 hour drive. But, thanks to the Lord, I arrived safely at Katie and Jon's house to then pick up Katie and take her to Mandy's for a practice and 10:30pm. We sang for about an hour working on our song, just the 3 of us. Then dropped Katie off, visited her new place, got some hand-me-down shoes (thanks sis!), and headed to mom and dad's. They were so sweet to stay up late and wait for me. We talked while I ate some yummy soup, then went to bed. Cami came home from a fun night with friends right as I was going to bed and I got to chat with her for a little bit.

Saturday we went down to Kristy's an hour away. All five of us sisters ate lunch and practiced our song. It was great. We had a lot of fun. Its amazing how even though our voices and skill levels differ, we blend like sugar and cream. It was really important to us to practice our song over and over since it was a rather difficult arrange with 4-5 part harmonies. Then Saturday evening I talked mom and everyone into skipping stake conference to stay home and spend more time with me. But its ok, because MAtt Hanks came by later and filled them in on what was said!! haha

Sunday we practiced the song again after stake conference, this time with the actual accompanist. We sang the song for the youth fireside Sunday night. It was such a special experience. As we sang it, I really messed up my harmonies, could find my note for a while, due to nerves I think, but it still turned out ok. I felt that there were others singing with us to help send the message of the song into the hearts and "spiritual ears" of the listeners. It was especially cool to have family int the audience parents, aunt, uncle, and grandpa B. It was the first time that I ever really saw emotion from grandpa B, it was neat. Apparently our song and sound was a hit. But I know that the spirit made it so. I thank the spirit, maybe angels, for assisting us in this song. What a spiritual experience it was for me. The whole fireside was on the theme of the year for the youth "Be strong and of good courage." I learned and was inspired from all talks and participants. Our song was last and I'm glad because it really helped me get in the spiritual mood of the meeting. What a blessing, tender mercy, it was to sing with my sisters. I only wish that it was something that could happen regularly.

After the fireside, we five girls went to Grandpa and Grandma W and sang for them. Another spiritual experience for me. It felt so amazing to have shared my talents and joined them with the amazing, outstanding talents of my sisters in behalf of others. This time Grandpa W was in tears. I've never seen that emotion from him before. In fact, I've never seen his face so full of joy, happiness, and love as I did at that moment. IT was an ETERNAL MEMORY. In fact, that's the reason I made the trip in the first place, was to create eternal memories. I am so glad that I will have this amazing memory with me the rest of my existence. It was so incredible. My sisters are so amazing and beautiful, but each unique and different from one another. We really make quite an interesting crew when together. Each of our lives choices and circumstances so different from one another, but God put us together for a reason and it was so fun to be a part of such an amazing group.

So sisters, when is the next get together??? When are you headed up to my neck of the woods. haha I wish.
lov

4 comments:

Karie said...

I would have loved hearing it. Ron said it was absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe you 5 can sing it at the family reunion!!!!!

Buttle Family said...

Always fun being with family. Wish I could have heard you.

Kathryn S. said...

Um, our next get-together is the next time you come down lol.

Kristy Anderson said...

I would love for you to visit again, anytime!!! We do need to plan a sister's trip somehow, sometime. I think it'd be super fun! It sure was great to have you here! Love you!