Recently I have been interested in getting to know Matt's side of the family better. Unfortunately, they are mostly not living, at least his direct family. So I got online to do some genealogy. We also have a large trunk full of old family belongings, mostly old yearbooks, but pictures, programs, and other items are inside as well. I had a blast looking through each item figuring out whose it was and how old it was. It was really fun for me to connect with all these people who have long since passed and get to know them in some way. I even found myself talking to them literally asking them questions out loud and expressing my frustrations when they didn't label family photos and belongings. I decided to write down the names I found and make a family tree. I have learned so much about this family, that I feel even more a part of it than ever. I continued my genealogical online search after the stout truck had been repacked. I found and filled many pages of information about our family. I laughed, I cried, I shouted for joy when finding a name that proved especially difficult. What a blessing and enjoyment it has been.
Spot, the dog. This stuffed animal was Matt's when he was a boy, cute huh?
Our new TV on top of the dresser from Mom Green!!! Thanks!
My crocheted rug. The carpet was getting really beat up so I made a rug to go under our feet!! It looks like it came from the 1970's!! HA~
3 comments:
That rug is pretty impressive. Nice job!
I love the crocheted rug, such talent you have.
Impressive!! I really like the rug. And genealogy-I could really stand to work on that.
Post a Comment