Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm done

Ok, so I just finished my last paper for my master's degree. I am so excited. I cannot believe I am done, finished, finito! With my schooling almost done I've been able to clean and cook again and Matt has been so excited to "have me back" he says. What a wonderful husband to not complain, but completely support me and my hopes, drives, career, education without question. I am so blessed. Several of my friends are going through rough times in their marriages, or divorces and I don't mean to put this in their faces, I just am so lucky that my husband has given more that his share of effort into this family while I've been busy, crazy, and insane-er than ever before!!

I thank God first because countless times He has helped me type papers and read faster, better, and with more accuracy than ever before. Countless times he has kept me awake, interested, nice, happy, when life is hard. Thanks be to God for getting me through this degree and for helping my husband get through it as well.

Although I lost my job last week, I can't help but see the positive things I do have in my life. Like my one friend who is going through a seperation with her husband said, losing a job is much better than losing a husband. She is right. So jobs come and go, but relationships are forever.

I cannot wait to see my side of the family soon. I miss them so much. It really makes me sad to see how much they grow and I'm not there to be a part of it. Oh well. We cannot do everything. But I really wish I could.

Graduation is Friday!! Matt is coming with me and I'm so excited. I was planning on walking at first, but after losing my job I changed my mind because the robes/ hood/hat/tassle were expensive. My professor was so adamant that I go to graduation that she gave me the money for it. God sure moves in mysterious ways. I am so grateful to her, my professor, for helping me out and for God giving me this tender little mercy, in my interpretation it was His was of saying, "I am still here, see!!" Because this came the day after losing my job in my master's graduation exit interview.

Well, thats all for now. Sorry I have been so bad at posting. It will get better now that I have a life back!!! OH< and YES, you may refer to me as MASTER GREEN, if you like. JUST KIDDING, I could not resist!! hehe

7 comments:

Karie said...

Congratulations Master Green!!!!! I am soooooooo proud of you!!!!! You'll get another job - bet there is a silver lining! Love ya!

The Jensen Fam said...

Congrats! What a wonderful accomplishment to be getting your masters degree! And I'm sorry to hear that you lost your job. There must be a better one out their waiting for you! PS: The other day Steen and I were organizing our pics and I found some great shots of us in our younger days. Boy did we have some fun at Ricks!

Buttle Family said...

Congratulations! What a big accomplishment. You will get another job that will be the perfect fit for you. I agree with you on you blessings. Family is the most important thing.

Stephy said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! That is fantastic!

Karon said...

Congratulations Jenni! That is so wonderful!!!

Kelly said...

Well Master Green, way to go that is a marvelous accomplishments. Your attitude is wonderful. Aren't those tender mercies wonderful.

Karie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY JENNI!!!!!!!!!