
Matt finally got called to a calling now. He will be serving as the 2nd councilor in the Elder's Quorum. I am very excited for him to serve in this way. How fun that we both get some great leadership experience to help us progress.
We spent a week with my family for Christmas. We had a blast playing games, eating fantastic food, being with family, etc. Some of the highlights of our trip were:
Family get together at the Anderson's
Visiting with GG, Sunny, Wendy, Alfredo
Christmas Eve dinner with GG, hanks and the "live" nativity
Christmas day prayer with dad
Movie Enchanted with mom, cami, katie, and I
day at the Anderson's Matt helping with construction
Game nights at the Hanks "Bang!!!"
Ikea trip with Katie, mom/dad, Jim, Van, Hanks
Temple with Mom
Eating at El Pollo Loco
Huge white elephant gift exchange with Buttle side of family
Fun sharing presents and the joy that brings
Over all when I look at that list I'm suprised that all happened in one week. We loved it.
But the Christmas season wasn't over, we got to come home and have even more fun with the Green's! We had another Christmas where we were showered with gifts, food, movies, games and fun! Matt drove back to town very quickly, record time. We got to see Andy, Naomi, and Julianna very quickly before they left town. Matt got to play fun old Nintendo games with Alan. I got to watch fun old movies with Mom and Dad. I also got to decorate the leftover gluten free Christmas cookies, and eat tons of them of course!!
We had a quiet but fun New Years Eve as Matt went to sleep -he had to work in the morning- then I stayed up with the Green's watching tv, the ball drop, drinking sparkling apple cider, and then went to sleep. It was actually a nice way to celebrate the new year. Sometimes the parties and stuff are over-rated.
1 comment:
I love the picture of the gift exchange! I wish we were still in town to participate - those gifts look pretty nice. I'm glad you guys had such an enjoyable Christmas. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment