Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dad Green's Surgery


Hi Friends-
Here’s an update on Jim Green:
The hip replacement surgery went well today and very quickly (less than 2 hours). He’s on the 6th floor (#6312) at Bethesda North and is doing very well. (There’s not much pain on a morphine drip!) I know he will be hurting quite a bit as he mends but with radiation to the hip tumors (to start in a couple of weeks) and the new joint he should be back to a more normal life in a few weeks. He can stand SHORT visits but he’s still receiving radiation for the spinal tumor and it makes him EXTREMELY fatigued so please keep that in mind if you decide to stop by.

We thank you all so very, very much for all your prayers and love!!! We feel ourselves being lifted up by so much love and pleading on our behalf - I have no other explanation for how we are able to get thru all this stress and pain. The Lord truly does hear and answer our prayers. Join me in praying for what is called a “spontaneous remission” of the cancer. It can and does happen and with so many wonderful, loving people praying for Jim I know we will be heard.

Thank you all so much for everything-
Laura Green

1 comment:

Autumn said...

I'm sorry I haven't commented in a while. I saw this post a while back and had truly JUST been wondering about him. Thanks for the update.

How cool about your stationary business!! Have you tried etsy.com yet? Its online, very minimal expenses. For handmade goods only. Good for you!