We paused a movie we were watching and found quite a funny face on the screen. We couldn't help but laugh and mimic it! (summer 2007)
I just had the best weekend ever. Friday night we went to dinner with some friends in our ward. It was fun to get to know them better and eat some fantastic Indian food at the Indian Palace. (We got a kick out of the name, especially since it looked the furthest thing from a palace) We speculated on what would be happening in our ward on Sunday since we were have a huge meeting with people from the stake.
Matt had a very rare, Saturday off. We spent the whole day together and called it an eating day. It was funny, our goal was to eat all day long, yeah right. We made a fantastic fruit salad for breakfast, the pomegranit seeds were our favorite part. Then later in the day we were both craving cheese, I was also craving potato chips so we went to the store and bought muenster cheese (my choice) and string cheese (Matt's choice) and kettle chips regular and cheddar flavor. We got a pizza for Matt and went home and ate cheese, chips, and pizza. We also rented the movie Fantastic 4 Silver Surfer, it was pretty silly but, hey it was just fun being together. I was wanting to munch during the movie, since it was eating day, and rather than eating just the cheese and chips, I decided to go for the low-cal snack of air popped popcorn. However, as chance would have it, we changed our minds and added some M&Ms to it, one of Matt's favorite treats: popcorn and mnms. We had a fun, lazy, rare, day together.
Sunday, ahhh the big news day. So our Stake President had announced that a big meeting would be taking place for our ward. All adults were to attend both sessions, so I didn't have to go to primary!!!!! Yeah!!!!! As it turns out, Matt and I are now in a new ward, the Cincinnati ward. They added a small downtown branch to our ward, and then split our ward into two wards. Our newward is starting completely fresh, new name, new callings, new bishop everything. It will be so cool to be a part of a new thing like this. Our old ward was so stale and the people that had been there forever really didn't associate willingly with those who were new or not permanent. We think this may be a great way of change that! The best part of all of this, was I got to sit with Matt all day in church. It was so fun.
Later after my visiting teaching, we went to the Green's for dinner. We enjoyed helping them do some things around the house and then were treated to a fantastic meal and dessert. Mom G and I found some time to slip into the craft room while the guys made waffles for dessert! It was great. On our way home we got a call from our new Bishop who will be coming to meet with Matt and I tonight. He's in a scramble to put a ward together-somewhat- before Sunday, so I think we might be getting some callings!!! Wow! Also, Sunday night we rededicated ourselves to eating healthy since our lovely binge on Saturday.
Why was it such a great weekend, because Matt and I got to spend it all together. It's amazing how much closer we find ourselves from it. We had such a fun time and then a spiritual feast that we truly grew closer together. We have just loved spending this time together. It was really difficult to face the week, because of the feelings from the weekend. I guess I'll have to make a new post about what happened with the Bishop's interview soon!!!
I'll keep you posted, ahhhahahhh!!!
2 comments:
yay for new callings- those are so fun!
I love these pictures!
Post a Comment