Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Amazing, Bald Husband

Yes it is true, Matt is officially bald. For quite a while he was talking about shaving off his hair. He continuously asked me how I think he'd look with no hair, "Would his head look funny bald, Would I still like him with no hair?" Then when the weather started cooling off he started to wear hats, but they messed up his hair which really frustrated him. Then one day he just got sick of it and asked me to cut it off and shave it. So, I did, there was hair all over the bathroom and the both of us. It was quiet funny. I like it as well because he looks older, more like my age!!!! hahahahaha!!! He looks distinguished with a bald head. Matt loves it. He continues to shave it and wants to be bald for ever. So, we'll see how long this lasts. We really don't know how long he'll keep it this way.



Recently Matt has been reading the book, Fit for Life, a book I found for him at the thrift store. He has really enjoyed reading about all the principles in this book. He believes in what he has read and has started incorporating some of the things into his life. I think its funny because when I was in high school my family and I got into this book and applied it to our diets as well for a time. So there are a lot of things I remember about this book and really enjoyed. One thing he read about and has been applying to his life is eating fruit in the mornings. I usually do this as well. We have found that eating fruit for breakfast and up until noon gives us more energy as our body is not working so hard. It is said that fruit is the easiest thing to digest, so the body has more energy to spend on other things since its not spending so much energy on digestion. ( this is also why i did the fruit poll on the blog here)



This book is very anti-dairy products. Our bodies produce lactase, (sp?) which digests dairy products, until we are 2 years old. This is the time frame for eating dairy. Then our bodies do not produce it and we should stop eating it. This is difficult for me as I love to eat nice cheeses, the only dairy I consume. I have decided to lower my intake of it because as of late I've been over dosing, but not give it up entirely at this time. Matt has decided to give it up for now. I'm proud of him for trying to be so healthy. But we both tend to work in waves. We're really good about something and then we kind of slack off and forget to do it, so we will see how long this new stuff lasts, haha!!!



The doctrine in the word of wisdom is so true. As we keep our bodies as healthy as possible we really see the blessings of more knowledge. I find this true for myself. The more I stick to a healthy lifestyle, the more I learn about it and can therefore make myself even healthier. I find myself more teachable and open to new ideas as well. Whenever confronted with a new idea that may seem unusual, I consider it and study it rather than tossing it right out the window because it sounds strange. This new blessing in my life is really neat because I can improve myself more each day if I do what's right. "We can run and not be weary", although I haven't felt this 100% yet, I have since a major increase in my stamina. Before I used to be able to go so far before getting tired and completely collapsing. Now it seems I still get tired but I can just keep going and going, much like the energizer bunny oddly enough, haha.



If I seem preachy, I don't mean to be. I only record these thoughts for my personal gain and journal keeping. But if anyone is interested in my thoughts that's great. I can always pick up a cheap copy of fit for life for you if you are interested in learning more because they are always plenty of cheap copies at the thrift store!!!!

4 comments:

Autumn said...

The bald looks good. Just stay warm. (A lot easier to manage!) I like your ideas on Fit For Life, too. Very interesting. I know what you mean about being preachy-sometimes I am worried about people thinking I'm trying to send them a message...but I'm with you-my #1 purpose is for journaling, so I'll take my chances at someone getting a wrong message.

On that note, see blurb.com for a GREAT way to keep it as a journal! (Go to "blog to book", its a hard bound copy of your blog-up to 400 pages with color-for $80!!!) I can't WAIT to do mine in January. Its an instant conversion to their software, no editing required!!

Karon said...

I really enjoyed this post. I remember when my family was really in to Fit For Life too. That is when my mom started making almond milk and almondaise. I remember disliking my packed lunches because they consisted of water, homemade bread with homemade peanut butter and carrot sticks. Boring! Now, however, I am really thankful for the effort my parents made.

I think it is awesome that you are so opened minded. Also, I totally know what you mean about sticking with things temporarily. I kind of get down on myself because I am that way, but I just have to remember that anything good I do is only going to help and be glad that at least I'm trying to improve.

Thanks!

The Jensen Fam said...

Jenny,
This is Katie Jensen (Mylee's roomie). I found your blog through Mylee's link to Autumn and Autumn's link to you!! You and your hubby look so cute. You'll have to check out my blog. It's www.skjensenfamily.blogspot.com. Just wanted to say hello!!

The Funky Bunch said...

Hey Jenni! Do you remember me and Mike from Ricks? I'm sure you do. At least I hope so! I'm sure you do since your mom and Mike's mom were roomies at Ricks too. Well, come check out our blog at http://thefunky5.blogspot.com. I'd love to hear from you too, whenever you get a chance. We can catch up! My email is love8smiles@yahoo.com. Send me a line! Hopefully I'll hear from you soon! Love always, Mylee:)