Thursday, August 13, 2009

January 2009

(this entry is catch up from the winter)














So in January we had three huge snows in about a week's time. At first, when the first snow came I was so excited. It was white, powdery and beautiful. I remember shoveling the driveway with a song in my heart just loving the beautiful weather. I spent many hours, and did the whole driveway myself!! The next day it snowed and iced on top of all. This day it took Matt, our downstairs neighbor, and I several hours again to chip away the ice underneath yet another six inches of snow. This day i was so soar from the day before that I could not find the energy to do it again.

The third snow came, all 8 inches, while I was in class one evening--only a few days after the other snow. It took me 4.5 hours to make the 15 minute drive from grad school to home with the crazy weather and traffic. Then, I couldn't get up the driveway. So, once again I shoveled the driveway, this time focusing on just making tire tracks and lowering some of the 8 inches so that my car, my neighbors, and matt's could all get up the driveway . It was 10:30 at night while I was doing all this shoving too! I had my car parked in the narrow road with hazzards on so no one would hit it. Wow what a mess. After shoving the third time, I had no spring in my step and was rather tired of the snow.

I missed a week of work a few nights of class, so it was very worth it during this the busiest time in my life, ever!!!!

1 comment:

John said...

(This is Katie logged on as John) We won't see snow like that for a while since we're not in Rexburg anymore. It looks like fun, I really do like the snow and think it's beautiful. Remember, never eat yellow snow.